Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Reflections and Thoughts for the New Year

It seems that this last month has been a whirlwind. Christmas is always a busy season for us. I tried to plan ahead and in some areas I was right on schedule, but in other areas I lagged behind. It seems there is always something to do at the last minute. In the midst of all of this I had a mental breakdown. Not from the tasks of Christmas, but from all the other miscellaneous things thrown at me. I spent too much time online. It seems that all of my friends decided to share deep thinking blog posts at the same time. This is all fine and good until you read 4 or 5 in one week and try to process all of that information. Needless to say I found myself collapsing on the couch one night and begging my husband to order a pizza because I couldn't handle even getting up to make a PB&J.
After my breakdown I did manage to sort out a few things and put the rest on hold. But it just proved to me how much Aaron and I need to develop a missions statement and a good plan for the New Year. TV time and Internet time are definitely going to be lessened and reading is going to be priority. And not heavy reading either. I want to read the Bible for some growth, encouragement and hope. And I want to read some good novels to give my brain a little break from the demands of everyday life.
Exercise and healthy eating are topping the list as well. Stay tuned in the New Year for a more detailed list.

P.S. After my breakdown day I spent a lot of time reflecting on one of the names of Jesus found in Matthew 1:23: "...and they will call him Emmanuel (which means 'God with Us')". The thought that God became a man to come to earth and be "with us" has brought me much comfort these past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment